Skip to main content

Original Sin

Babies are beautiful and grandchildren babies especially so. But you don't have to have a baby for long before you find he is planning to have things all his own. Of course he has to cry to let us know he needs something and we must respond accordingly. Also he does know what he wants until we give him the framework. However the order and good running of a family is going to go out the window if we let junior have things all his own way. Half the time the baby doesn't know what he wants and we have to give him a safe routine that he can rely on. Demand feeding can be a good thing but if the mother doesn't understand that the baby is not always asking for food everybody's peace will be shattered. It is similar but not so important with training a puppy as I'm sure you dog owners will agree.
There is a great difference between a puppy and a human baby. If you train a puppy well it will usually be a most obedient dog. Humans always have a tendency to go astray even when given the best of upbringings . We are called upon to love God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength but none of us manage to do that fully. That is because of original sin. This is the problem that all humans have had since Adam and even a dear little baby is affected. Babies need gentle loving discipline as do we all.

Comments

  1. Yes, Liz... I can totally relate. I've got many kids (6) and 3 of them are under 3 years old!

    The biggest thing to teach a child, in my view, is self-control. The media teaches them to please themselves and that everything is happy-go-lucky (kid shows). Well, they will soon learn that what they see on tv and the real world don't match.

    But... they will be wired with the stuff they see on tv. This leaves them depressed and unprepared.

    We must teach our children self-control. They know how to use a controller on video games to control the "characters" in the game, but they must also learn to use their will to "control themselves".

    Self-discipline and self-control are not inherent in a child. They give in to all of their own desires and whims. Like the law (the guardian and schoolmaster), parents must schoolmaster their children until Christ is formed in their hearts and the Holy Spirit takes over.

    Just some nuggets of wisdom I've learned on the way.... :)

    God bless you and keep sharing your heart!

    Amos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super to see you here on my blog Amos. Thanks for sharing the wisdom you have learned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Constructive criticism

First of all thanks to Fat Prophet for your interest. I see from your blog you are having trouble commenting. To get back to my assessed service. Criticism albeit constructive is harder for some to take than others. I felt a little crushed after my assessed service but then remembered I had recorded it on my dictaphone. I listened to it all through and although my assessors were quite right about me speaking a little quickly and rushing from item to item, I was actually very pleased with the content of my sermon and how I presented it. So I have decided to take heart. I highly recommend other trainees to record your services. You can hear your good points and your bad and there is no argument about it, it is all caught on the recorder.

Section A

I've posted off my work for section A. Now to get on with B. Onward and upward as they say. It does feel good to have completed A, progress is being made.I think my tutor is more nervous than I as to the outcome, but then I am his first student. We are learning from each other.But then that should always be the case. It's an adventure we go on together.The course seems to be suiting me alright but I feel there are a lot of potentially excellent local preachers out there who are put off by the study. Something should be devised to include these good people, we can ill afford to do without them, especially as the numbers of ministers is dropping. What did Wesley do? You don't need a degree, or even A levels to preach. You need a call, and a close relationship with God.

Life after death

When we lose a loved one it is natural to wonder how they are faring in the next life. I would warn against going to a medium to find out. At worst these people are charlatans after your money, the rest misguided or worse. We are told in the Bible not to try to reach the dead. The best person to call on in this situation is Jesus. That's right, go to the top. He is always available through prayer and doesn't make a charge. All he requires is that you look for him with all your heart. He has the answers to all of life's difficult questions.