Skip to main content

You don’t miss it till you lose it





There is only one way to truly appreciate another person’s sight problems and that is to have them yourself.  When you lose the sight in one eye, albeit temporarily, your brain works overtime to put things right.  You are not left with half your vision but more like a third as you lose all of the one side and the part in the middle where your eyes work together is messed up by the blind eye and confuses the total picture. My “good” eye is also affected by cataract.  As the days pass the brain does manage to make adjustments.  I guess that this means that when I have my new lens implanted new adjustments will have to be made. All of this I can happily tolerate in order to have my sight restored. It puts a whole new emphasis on the poets words, “look they last on all things lovely every hour.”

  One more thing I have decided, the complication with my original operation was in no way the fault of the surgeon and I am more than happy for him to do the operation on my second eye once I pluck up the courage to have it done. Doctors are human and cannot get things right every single time and we should not expect them too.  I am convinced there was no negligence, it was just one of those things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Constructive criticism

First of all thanks to Fat Prophet for your interest. I see from your blog you are having trouble commenting. To get back to my assessed service. Criticism albeit constructive is harder for some to take than others. I felt a little crushed after my assessed service but then remembered I had recorded it on my dictaphone. I listened to it all through and although my assessors were quite right about me speaking a little quickly and rushing from item to item, I was actually very pleased with the content of my sermon and how I presented it. So I have decided to take heart. I highly recommend other trainees to record your services. You can hear your good points and your bad and there is no argument about it, it is all caught on the recorder.

Section A

I've posted off my work for section A. Now to get on with B. Onward and upward as they say. It does feel good to have completed A, progress is being made.I think my tutor is more nervous than I as to the outcome, but then I am his first student. We are learning from each other.But then that should always be the case. It's an adventure we go on together.The course seems to be suiting me alright but I feel there are a lot of potentially excellent local preachers out there who are put off by the study. Something should be devised to include these good people, we can ill afford to do without them, especially as the numbers of ministers is dropping. What did Wesley do? You don't need a degree, or even A levels to preach. You need a call, and a close relationship with God.

Life after death

When we lose a loved one it is natural to wonder how they are faring in the next life. I would warn against going to a medium to find out. At worst these people are charlatans after your money, the rest misguided or worse. We are told in the Bible not to try to reach the dead. The best person to call on in this situation is Jesus. That's right, go to the top. He is always available through prayer and doesn't make a charge. All he requires is that you look for him with all your heart. He has the answers to all of life's difficult questions.